    since they had an ATI Radeo 9250 PCI card if this would work and the
    answer was "no". Is he right ? What is the max I can put into this
    motherboard ? There doesn't seem to be an AGP slot.

    Guest, May 11, 2005

  2. Guest

    P2B Guest

    IMHO he's probably wrong, but the P2B-N is such a rare beast you'll have
    difficulty getting accurate information on your upgrade options.

    FWIW an ATI Radeon 7000 64MB DDR is the 'max' PCI graphics card I've
    used in a P2B-series board.

    I've been looking for a P2B-N for my collection for some time without
    success. If someone would like to donate one, I'll have it running a
    Tualatin processor in short order, and the upgrade possibilities will be
    fully documented on my site :)

    P2B

    http://tipperlinne.com/p2bmod

    P2B, May 12, 2005

  3. Guest

    Paul Guest

    According to the manual, that motherboard has an onboard video
    chip. That should be sufficient to drive the monitor. The biggest
    question would be the qualities of the BIOS, and whether the BIOS
    could actually handle the declaraton information a modern video
    card offers. I don't see an option in the BIOS to enable or
    disable build-in video, so it might have to be disabled via
    Device Manager in Windows.

    I think I would try to get the motherboard operating using
    the built-in video first, and then decide whether buying a
    bunch of hardware for it makes any sense at all. A riser
    board would be needed, to gain access to the PCI bus.
    The riser board could be tested with a cheap LAN card, to
    see whether the PCI bus is working or not.

    Paul

    Paul, May 12, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    The PC itself is working OK. I've already installed Win2k Pro on it.
    It came with a riser card so I do have PCI access.
    I was just wondering if it would be worth the risk of paying 69 euros
    for this ATI Radeon 9250 PCI gfx card.

    Guest, May 12, 2005
  5. Guest

    Egil Solberg Guest

    Why do you need the card? The card and PC overall will not be able to run
    any current games anyway.
    For multi-monitor, any cheap old PCI gfx card will do. It will probably
    work, but I can't see the reason to install and buy it.

    Egil Solberg, May 12, 2005
  6. Hi!

    I would recommend a Matrox Millenium G450 or P650. If a fan do not disturb
    you, also the P750.
    Maybe there is also Parhelia with PCI.

    Best Regards,

    Daniel Mandic