    am not the only one with this problem. But no good info on how to fix
    the issue.

    What is this and where do I find a driver?

    Guest, Oct 12, 2005

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    In case anyone is interested, I figured it out. After a lot more
    searching on the web, I realized that this device is the ARM modem card
    in my computer. That was the one device that was missing from the
    device manager. It took another hour or more of searching to find the
    right drivers, but once I installed that the device shows as a modem
    and works.

    The original problem I had was an HP Laser Jet 1100A printer that was
    not fully working. It worked ok as a printer, but the scanner did not
    work. Seems I thought I had this fully working on this PC, but had
    actually always had it on my other PC. The problem turned out to be
    the BIOS parallel port configuration which was set to standard and
    needed to be ECP which was not mentioned *ANYWHERE* in the printer
    installation. Sometimes HP just sucks!!!

    Guest, Oct 14, 2005