    must support Windows x64.

    Thank you!

    Jim

    Jim, Oct 5, 2005

  2. Jim

    Rob Stow Guest

    Can't you put your video card in the other 16 lane PCI-E slot so
    that the PCI slot is not blocked ?

    I'd love to hear the result if you try (or have already tried)
    this. I'm just curious: I've built a few systems for other
    people using this motherboard, but I can't afford one for myself.

    Rob Stow, Oct 6, 2005

  3. Jim

    Henrik Tived Guest

    Hi Jim,

    Check the sound card and if the PCI card has two cuts in the bottom so it
    can fit in a PCI-X socket. also the PCI-X will default to 32bit when a
    standard PCI card is incerted and you need to consider which slot you place
    it in, the the whole bus will drop in speed!!! at least as I understand it

    Best of luck

    Henrik

    PS: the K8WE is a fab mainboard

    Henrik Tived, Oct 7, 2005
  4. Jim

    Henrik Tived Guest

    Henrik Tived, Oct 7, 2005
  5. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Sorry, but you can't. The PCI-Express, CPU sockets, and memory slots
    are reserved *by* processor. If you only have one processor, it *must*
    go in the first slot.

    However, I have some potentially good news. M-Audio has told me that
    their Delta series of audio cards (a) have Windows x64 drivers, *and*
    they will work in PCI-X slots. I have yet to try it.

    Yes, this was an *expensive* machine to build. <ouch> However, I
    still don't have my case.

    Jim, Oct 8, 2005
  6. Jim

    Jim Guest

    I've been told *by* M-Audio that their Delta 66 works in PCI-X 100 MHz
    slots, it has Windows x64 drivers, *and* it has a coaxial digital out.
    Therefore, it should do what I want to do. I'll report back to the
    group whether it works or not.

    Jim

    Jim, Oct 11, 2005