    Jean Guest

    Is it possible ? Eventually to put 2 PCI xpress video cards to get double
    power ?

    Jean, Feb 28, 2004

    Philip Callan, Feb 28, 2004

  3. Jean

    Sleepy Guest

    why - are you hoping to get 1024x768 ?

    :^)

    Sleepy, Feb 28, 2004
  4. Jean

    Darthy Guest

    It is possible, if the mobo has 2x 16-PCIx connectors...

    But even a default PCIx slot is about the same as an AGP 8x slot.

    But SLI doesn't give you double the Graphic power... Even the POS SGI
    card shows that even thier crappy SLI setup can't compete with the
    9600.... on a bad day.

    SLI is expensive and not much need for it.

    Take the Ti4200, lets say it costs ya $175 when you bought it, you
    added another one for $100 today. Even if it SLIed, it still wouldn't
    be HALF as fast as the ATI9800 Pro which sells for $200.

    You'd be better off selling the old card for $60 and buying the new
    card....

    And don't forget the power requirements...

    Darthy, Feb 28, 2004
  5. Jean

    J. Clarke Guest

    Someday maybe, but not with the first generation desktop machines.

    J. Clarke, Feb 28, 2004
  6. Jean

    Asestar Guest

    Sure is.. if you insert 2 voodoo2 cards that is :)

    You don't even need pci-x ;:)

    Asestar, Feb 28, 2004
  7. Jean

    Paul Greer Guest

    PCI-X is a 64-bit, server PCI slot, PCI-express is completely different.

    But we know what you meant ;-)

    Paul Greer, Feb 28, 2004
  8. Jean

    Jean Guest

    Well it was great at the time playing Quake in 1024x768 :)

    Jean, Feb 28, 2004
  9. Jean

    J. Clarke Guest

    PCI-X != PCI Express.

    J. Clarke, Feb 29, 2004
  10. Jean

    Darthy Guest

    PCI-X = 64bit slot.

    PCIx is the short version of saying PCI Express

    Blame the PCI group for coming up with this stupid shit name.

    Darthy, Mar 1, 2004
  11. Jean

    Darthy Guest

    PS: Its the same morons (who comes up with these offical names) that
    don't want companies to call USB 2.0 "USB 2.0"

    Instead, its supposed to be called "USB HiSpeed" and "USB fullspeed" -
    shit, I dunno something silly like that.

    Darthy, Mar 1, 2004