    overkill. BTW: does anybody know how much the ION2 cost?

    Thanks
    //Petter

    Petter Gustad, Oct 13, 2011

  2. Petter Gustad

    dp Guest

    Good luck getting any documentation on that. At the moment I do not
    see any documented device on the market. The last one was PCI - the
    b69030
    by Chips and Tech, bought and destroyed by Intel for obvious reasons.
    Siliconmotion make some stuff but I am not sure they have released
    a pci-e product (have not looked recently though). I guess they are
    the only option (which I have not used yet). http://www.siliconmotion.com.tw/

    Dimiter

    dp, Oct 13, 2011

  3. Petter Gustad, Oct 13, 2011
  4. Petter Gustad

    dp Guest

    Well they have the 502 now which they said (in a reply to my inquiry)
    does do PCI bursts as opposed to the 501 which had a bug on that.
    I also saw they have a 518 listed which is pci-e, no idea how far
    it is though.

    And since there is no news on any other graphics parts on the market
    (those the wintel PC makers distribute between themselves are of no
    use to anyone outside of their party anyway) that leaves us with
    the options we already talked about..

    Dimiter

    dp, Oct 13, 2011
  5. I can't seem to find anything about a 518, do you have a link? The
    only PCIe I can find is the 750, but that is a 1x server product.

    Thanks
    //Petter

    Petter Gustad, Oct 14, 2011
  6. Petter Gustad

    dp Guest

    I wrote it by memory, apparently wrong. I saw only one pci-e
    thing so it must be the same you saw.

    Dimiter

    dp, Oct 14, 2011
  7. OK, thanks anyway.