PCMCIA access in DOS, Sony VAIO PCG-N505SN subnotebook

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by David Peters, Nov 16, 2004.

  1. David Peters

    David Peters Guest

    Hi there -

    I was wondering whether anybody so far had managed
    with above Sony notebook:

    - to assign a working drive letter;
    - to a compact flash card;
    - using a pcmcia-2-cf adapter;
    - in DOS.

    Have tried all sorts of DOS card manager software including phoenix card
    manager from Sony's Versatile SRCDFD, but all I arrive at is that the
    card is recognized, even a drive letter is assigned with some of the
    configurations - however the drive [letter] is not accessible, not even
    by fdisk, format and the like.

    Anyone who made it to an accessible drive letter on a compact flash card
    in DOS and is willing to share his experience and possibly config.sys
    and/or pcm.ini syntax?

    Regards, David.P

    David Peters, Nov 16, 2004