PCMCIA card stops boot cycle

Discussion in 'HP' started by JDPCC, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. JDPCC

    JDPCC Guest

    I have a Pavilion zu1175 notebook that will not boot if the wireless PCMCIA
    card is installed. The boot process will stop until I remove the card and
    then will continue on again.

    I worked with HP email support and have done the following:

    Performed a full system recovery with the disks provided by HP. Windows XP
    I update the OS with the latest patches and Service Packs from Microsoft.
    Update the BIOS on both the notebook and on the docking station.
    Reset both the notebook and the docking station.

    During the boot cycle I press the F2 function key to enter setup to identify
    the version numbers of the BIOS for both the notebook and the docking
    station. The version numbers are not the same.

    Is there a different BIOS version for the docking station? The docking
    station has what appears to be an older version.

    I remover the notebook from the docking station so it would have to use the
    newly updated BIOS settings. Still hangs if the PCMCIA card is installed.

    The only thing left for me to try is to insert another PCMCIA card, which I
    don't happen to have. I don't think the card is the problem, but I will go
    out and get another one and give it a try.

    Any other suggestions?

    TIA for any help this group can provide.

    JDPCC, Feb 3, 2004

  2. JDPCC

    Ben Myers Guest

    Which brand of WiFi card? New or used? Could be bad card, too.

    ..... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Feb 3, 2004