PCMCIA slot broken - TI PCI-1450 died after install of Win2000 SP4; IBM T20 laptop

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by L Mehl, Nov 22, 2005.

  1. L Mehl

    L Mehl Guest

    Hello --

    I installed Win 2000 SP4 and now my PCMCIA slot is disabled.

    In Device Manager, under PCMCIA adapters, double-clicking on one of the two
    instances of
    Texas Instruments PCI-1450 CardBus Controller,
    the General tab's Device status window says:

    "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers
    required for this device. (Code 31)"

    The Driver tab has the following information:
    Driver Provider: MIcrosoft
    Driver Date: 6/19/2003
    Driver Version: 5.0.2195.6717

    Driver file details are:
    Filename: c:\winnt\system32\drivers\pcmcia.sys
    File version: 5.00.2195.6664

    I used the device manager to update the driver. The slot is still dead.

    Can anyone tell me where to get driver or other software to enable it, or,
    what is required to fix it?

    Thanks for any help.

    Larry Mehl

    L Mehl, Nov 22, 2005

  2. L Mehl

    * * Chas Guest

    | Hello --
    |
    | I installed Win 2000 SP4 and now my PCMCIA slot is disabled.
    |
    | In Device Manager, under PCMCIA adapters, double-clicking on one of
    the two
    | instances of
    | Texas Instruments PCI-1450 CardBus Controller,
    | the General tab's Device status window says:
    |
    | "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the
    drivers
    | required for this device. (Code 31)"
    |
    | The Driver tab has the following information:
    | Driver Provider: MIcrosoft
    | Driver Date: 6/19/2003
    | Driver Version: 5.0.2195.6717
    |
    | Driver file details are:
    | Filename: c:\winnt\system32\drivers\pcmcia.sys
    | File version: 5.00.2195.6664
    |
    | I used the device manager to update the driver. The slot is still
    dead.

    | Can anyone tell me where to get driver or other software to enable it,
    or,
    | what is required to fix it?
    |
    | Thanks for any help.
    |
    | Larry Mehl

    Remove and cards in the slots and try deleting the 2 Texas Instruments
    PCI-1450 CardBus Controllers then restart the system.

    * * Chas, Nov 22, 2005

  3. L Mehl

    L Mehl Guest

    Chas --

    Sorry to have created two similar threads.

    This method did not work, as discussed in my posting in the thread
    "Drivers needed for PCMCIA slot ..."

    Larry

    L Mehl, Jan 16, 2006