    controller? The MB BIOS seems to be clueless!

    Regards,
    Mike

    Mike VanDusen, Mar 27, 2006

  2. Mike VanDusen

    ORAC

    Joined:
    Apr 19, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Mesquite, TX
    Controllers for PDSGE

    I'll bet that you're trying to use an LSI Logic controller with the PDSGE. Been there, and regardless of what SuperMicro or LSI tells you, they are not compatable (I wasted about 20 hrs trying to make it work, and talked with LSI tech support twice, all with no success). However, the Adaptec 29320 is recognized immediately and works perfectly. I personally use it and two Seagate Cheetah 10k rpm SCSI drives with my PDSGE.

    ORAC, Apr 19, 2006

  3. Mike VanDusen

    DER Guest

    I don't use SCSI drives, but I just built a workstation around the PDSGE
    Mobo and their SC743T-650 chassis. I used an Adaptec 2410SA RAID 5
    controller card with four WD 320GB HDD's. Everything has been perfect from
    the get-go. Fast as lighting!

    DER

    DER, Jun 13, 2006