    the Mobile Pentium III-M 1Ghz? Is the latter faster or slower?

    Thanks in advance,
    Karl

    Karl Lauter, Jun 1, 2004

  2. Karl Lauter

    a Smith Guest

    Because of the cache delays and various other performance decreases on the
    celeron, the P III-m will probably 'feel' faster under general usage.
    Also, doesn't the mobile celeron have less power management stuff like
    speedstep? I don't know because I've never owned one. The celeron is
    probably faster when it comes to doing calculations, but for general usage,
    running programs, the P III-m would probably be more responsive.

    a Smith, Jun 1, 2004

  3. Karl Lauter

    Karl Lauter Guest

    thanks for the info. and yes, the celeron has basically no powermanagement stuff
    i.e. speedstep and generally runs hotter, which also meant that in my laptop
    (IBM R31) the fan ran a lot of the time, which was very irritating. i thus
    bought the mobile p3-m 1ghz and it seems to run just as fast, with no
    fan-running under normal usage. i was thinking of buying the 1,13 Ghz, but it
    has approx. 1 Watt more heat/power, so i figured that I'd rather go safe in case
    the fan wouldnt run less and then I would have probably kicked myself for not
    buying the 1 Ghz instead - you know how it goes ;)

    Karl Lauter, Jun 1, 2004