    which looks similar to motherboard audio connectors (aux, cd etc.). Is this
    an internal audio connector, or if not, anyone know what it is? - can find
    no info on nvidia or MSI sites!

    Laurie, Aug 5, 2003

  2. I'm not sure, mine has something like that too... I think (as I saw it on
    tuned cards on the net) it's a connector for a gpufan... but as I said, I'm
    not sure...

    Dr. Hawenarrl, Aug 5, 2003

  3. Laurie

    Baffie Guest

    I'm curious too - haven't found any info yet at all.

    I just acquired the board and am having terrible problems with it.
    first the tv tuner wouldn't work, then I found a patch for that on the
    web that seemed to cure it, but applying the patch has screwed up the
    remote control feature, now every time I boot I get a warning box
    saying that there's a problem with nvarem.exe and would I like to
    report it online? I did many times doesn't seemed to have prompted a
    fix for that problem yet.

    Is yours working AOK?

    Baffie

    Please reply to newsgroup - it's not my address in the header!

    Baffie, Aug 6, 2003
  4. Laurie

    Ron Merts Guest

    If you're using Windows XP it pushes audio down the IDE cable and does not
    use the 4-pin audio any longer. I haven't seen the FX based Personal Cinema
    cards anywhere, only the MX440 based card...where'd you find that one?

    Ron

    Ron Merts, Aug 6, 2003
  5. Laurie

    J.Clarke Guest

    This is application-dependent.

    J.Clarke, Aug 6, 2003
  6. Laurie

    Baffie Guest

    well, first off I'll point out that I'm in the UK (hell! SOMEONE has
    to live here <g>)

    This is an MSI variant though it seems to be exactly the same as an
    nvidia original. it is featured as 'new' on the msi website though.

    I just hope it isn't too long before they bring out a fix for the
    remote control feature - it was pretty handy.

    Please reply to newsgroup - it's not my address in the header!

    Baffie, Aug 6, 2003