Philips offering LPC21xx samples

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Leon Heller, Nov 20, 2003.

  1. Leon Heller

    Leon Heller Guest

    Leon Heller, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Leon Heller

    Scott Newell Guest

    If you follow the links, you'll get a LPC900 sample!

    No reply from the webmaster when I pointed out the error.

    newell

    Scott Newell, Nov 21, 2003

  3. Leon Heller

    rickman Guest

    I find that these days a lot of webmasters don't read their email.
    Seems that the webmaster address gets so much more spam that others that
    many have given up on it. I am about to myself. Webmaster and
    postmaster are now getting about half the spam that comes to my domain.
    Of course that does not count the silly, made up addresses that I block
    at my email servers. Spammers are one weird bunch. They sell their
    customers an email service that is delivered to addresses that either
    don't exist or go to people that don't want the junk. But it is so
    cheap to deliver, that even if they only get 1 in 10,000 replying, no
    make that 1 in 100,000 replying, they can still make a profit
    advertising stuff that no one in their right mind would want to buy.

    Thanks for listening to my little rant.

    --

    Rick "rickman" Collins

    removed.

    4 King Ave 301-682-7772 Voice
    Frederick, MD 21701-3110 301-682-7666 FAX

    rickman, Nov 21, 2003
  4. I have a little gif on my home page which looks like a mailto:
    URL, except you can't click on it and robots can't read it.
    It's not a bad compromise - you might try it!

    Clifford Heath, Nov 21, 2003
  5. Leon Heller

    rickman Guest

    That won't help. I don't have the webmaster or postmaster addresses
    anywhere on my web page. Spammers just send mail to them anyway.
    Likewise they send mail to the 60 or so (currently) other made up
    addresses which I block individually because that is easier than adding
    an email address every time I make one up. I give out unique addresses
    to new contacts. That way I can tell who gives out my address to whom.

    rickman, Nov 21, 2003
  6. Leon Heller

    Guest Guest

    : That won't help. I don't have the webmaster or postmaster addresses
    : anywhere on my web page. Spammers just send mail to them anyway.
    : Likewise they send mail to the 60 or so (currently) other made up
    : addresses which I block individually because that is easier than adding
    : an email address every time I make one up. I give out unique addresses
    : to new contacts. That way I can tell who gives out my address to whom.
    :

    I personally use spamgourmet.com for throw away email addresses.

    So, email me: , except that by the time you
    do, the spammers will have already made this address useless :)

    Spamgourmet gives out unlimited email addresses valid for up to 20 uses
    each, as specified by you.

    Check it out. I love it! :)

    Regards,

    --buddy

    Guest, Nov 21, 2003
  7. Leon Heller

    rickman Guest

    Thanks for the tip. But that is not my use. When I contact a vendor
    (or other way around) and I need to give them an email address, I use
    (vendor name)@arius.com. Typically I use this address continuously
    after that to communicate with them, expecially if they will be sending
    me email on a regular basis such as advertising (that I want) or reports
    of some kind.

    But I also have need for throwaway email addresses. I'll look into
    these guys. Thanks.

    rickman, Nov 21, 2003