    exactly how to do that. What bit?

    From the datasheet: "This device executes one instruction in 6 clock
    cycles, hence
    providing twice the speed of a conventional 80C51. An OTP
    configuration bit lets the user select conventional 12-clock timing if
    decided."

    Should my crusty old Logical Devices Chipmaster 3000 be able to do
    this? Or will I need to purchase a programmer just to try it? What
    advertised capability would I need to look for when shopping for
    programmers?

    Banjo, Sep 10, 2003

  2. It might be hidden in some high address (above the normal FLASH) but
    writable by your programmer if you can put it in the hex file. I think
    that's how it works on the P87LPC parts. Try to download the
    programming spec from Philips.. compare with the datasheet..

    Best regards,
    Spehro Pefhany

    Spehro Pefhany, Sep 10, 2003

  3. The EEtools ChipMAX has, under the Options menu for the 89C66x series,
    a selector for x6/x12 clock.

    -jg

    Jim Granville, Sep 10, 2003
  4. Banjo