Photosmart 1215 truncating right margin - help!

Discussion in 'HP' started by Chief Thracian, Jan 12, 2004.

  1. My printer: HP Photosmart 1215
    My OS: Windows 98
    Connection: parallel port

    A friend donated this printer to me, several months
    ago...and I've been very pleased. However, the last two
    weeks it has been printing with truncated right
    margins. The problem is with the text printout (I don't
    bother to use the photo print features at all).
    Specifically:

    No matter what the margin for each line, the final
    character is only partially printed. That is, the left
    side of the character is okay, but the right side is
    invisible.

    I have cleaned the cartridges, calibrated the printer,
    and printed a diagnostics page...and reseated the ink
    cartridge. These things all check out as A-okay. And,
    the problem persists whether I print in B&W or color.

    My margins are set to the default: one inch on all
    sides. But changing the margin settings makes no
    difference. The last sentence of a paragraph may end
    well before the rt. margin limit...still, the last
    character is truncated.

    I mean, the pages are still readable...but certainly
    cannot give me the professional results I need for my
    flyers, letters, manuscripts, etc.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

    Chief Thracian, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Nope. Everything is set up correctly, AFAICT. I am printing at 100% page size,
    8.5x11. All quite vanilla. Thanks for asking, though; I appreciate that...and
    perhaps this will help narrow down the problem.

    Chief Thracian, Jan 13, 2004

  3. Ah! PROBLEM SOLVED! Just a minute after posting you my first reply, it
    occurred to me to try printing through another word processor. I was
    using Cetus Wordpad (which I really like)...so I just printed out a
    sample .rtf file, in Word...and again in Word Perfect. The margin
    problem is gone...as long as I don't use Cetus Wordpad. It never did
    this before, though!

    Such is Micro$oft's sh*tty OS, what with dysfunctional and/or missing
    ..dll, .sys, .ini, .386, .cpl, .inf, .ocx files. They should change
    ..dll to .dsl: "dynamic stink library"! :D

    Chief Thracian, Jan 13, 2004
  4. is there any other setups in the drivers? like "zoom" or something like
    that? And about paper size (letter and A4)?

    tHe rEAl cACULo, Jan 13, 2004