    Please let me know your experiences.

    thanks,
    Bhanu

    Bhanu Samarth, Aug 10, 2004

  2. Bhanu Samarth

    Ppelectron Guest

    Hi all,
    The original ICD will not work with 6.x versions of MPLAB and the ICD2 will not
    work with 5.x versions of MPLAB. I was forced to upgrade to ICD2 when my new C
    compiler upgrade demanded MPLAB 6.x.

    If you have a combination of ICD / MPLAB that does what you need, I would be
    inclined to keep using it. However the ICD2 is a nice bit of kit and is a good
    price. It also has a USB interface in addition to the standard RS232. It also
    supports loads more devices than the original ICD.

    Ppelectron, Aug 11, 2004

  3. Hi,
    Thanks for the clarification. I think i will proceed with the
    original ICD and Mplab v5. But I dont have the 5pin cable connecting
    the ICD module to the demo board. Can you tell me what it is called so
    that I can purchase it.
    Thank you again.

    Bhanu

    Bhanu Samarth, Aug 11, 2004
  4. Bhanu Samarth

    Ppelectron Guest

    Hi,
    I have emailed you the relevant part number. Alternatively just solder wires
    across. Use no more than a 9" length and take care to get the connections
    right!

    Phil

    Ppelectron, Aug 11, 2004