PIC24HJ64GP206, ICD2 -> ICD0083: Debug: Unable to enter debug mode.

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Anbeyon, May 25, 2007.

  1. Anbeyon

    Anbeyon Guest

    Hi

    I hoping some one might be able to point me in the right direction.

    I am using a PIC24HJ64GP206 with an ICD2 connected to PGD2 and PGC2.
    When I tell the ICD2 to connect to the target it does so without
    error, identifies the chip etc.... see below;

    Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
    ....Connected
    Setting Vdd source to target
    Target Device PIC24HJ64GP206 found, revision = Rev 0x3002
    ....Reading ICD Product ID
    Running ICD Self Test
    ....Passed
    MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

    However, if I build my code and tell it to program the chip i get
    ICD0083: Debug: Unable to enter debug mode. Please double click this
    message for more information See below.

    Programming Target...
    ....Validating configuration fields
    ....Erasing Part
    ....Programming Program Memory (0x0 - 0x4FF)
    Verifying...
    ....Program Memory
    ....Verify Succeeded
    ....Programming DebugExecutive
    ....Debug Executive
    ....Programming Debug Vector
    ....Debug Vector
    ....Programming Configuration Bits
    ... Config Memory
    Verifying configuration memory...
    Connecting to debug executive
    ICD0083: Debug: Unable to enter debug mode. Please double click this
    message for more information.
    MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

    Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can/should check ?

    I have used the C18 compiler with the PIC18F series devices but this
    is my 1st application using c30 on a PIC24.

    All helpful comments,things to check etc.... welcome.

    Thanks in advance

    Anbeyon

    Anbeyon, May 25, 2007

  2. Anbeyon