    especially concerned about the core voltage. (I have not worked with
    over-/underclocking before, so all this is new to me.)

    -- Johan Winge

    Johan Winge, Aug 24, 2004

  2. The AL440LX should be able to provide the 2 volt Vcore of the P-II 450.

    But you could probably set the P-II 233 multiplier to 4.5 and get the 300
    that way.

    You can apparently use softFSB to get up to an 80MHz FSB on the thing (over
    72 might give you hard drive problems).

    http://home.earthlink.net/~billselk/al440lx/overclocking.html

    Seems it will also work with PPGA celerons, which means you could use a
    slotket and get one up to 533 MHz. The few quickies I read suggest there's
    a problem with the coppermines even when using a powerleap with it's own
    Vcore regulator so 533 (NOT the 'A' version) looks like the top end.

    http://www.sysopt.com/userreviews/mboards/reviewhtml/Intel_Atlanta_AL440LX.html

    David Maynard, Aug 24, 2004

  3. Johan Winge

    Johan Winge Guest

    Allright. I was more thinking in the way of if it really will give it
    2 volt instead of 2.8 (or whatever) like the earlier PIIs, or what if
    2 volt is too much when it is underclocked like this?
    Wow, well, that worked excellently. If only I had know about this
    seven years ago! :)
    Well, I have gotten the PII 450 for free already, otherwise it would
    perhaps have been an option. (Though I don't fell spending too much on
    such old a system.) Thanks anyway!

    Johan Winge, Aug 24, 2004
  4. By 'should' I meant the info I got, from forums, said it will (provide
    2.0), but I didn't have specifics on whether that's BIOS rev level
    specific. Always check the manufacturer's site for BIOS updates to see if
    any are needed for 'new' processors.

    The correct voltage is the correct voltage whether it's 'underclocked' or
    not. It might still work at a lower voltage when underclocked but that
    isn't 'required'.

    David Maynard, Aug 25, 2004
  5. Johan Winge

    Johan Winge Guest

    Just to follow up: I plugged it in and it was identified as 300 MHz,
    just as exspected. Works like a charm.

    Johan Winge, Aug 31, 2004