PII CPU jumpers and CPU upgrade

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by dsr, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. dsr

    dsr Guest

    Just downloaded the latest DIVX player and the system requirements
    state that I need to have an Intel PII 450 MHZ or higher CPU.

    I currently have a Slot 1 - PII 350 MHZ processor with 100 mhz memory.

    There are four CPU jumper settings listed in my owners manual for 300
    through 500 MHZ PII CPU's. Can I upgrase to a slot 1 - PIII cpu?
    What would the jumper settings be for the PIII CPU speeds?

    Here is the table for the old PII slot 1 cpu jumper settings.

    O = on, X = off
    J U M P E R S
    Cpu speed | 1-2 | 3-4 | 5-6 | 7-8 |
    | | | | |
    300 | O | X | O | O |
    350 | O | X | O | X |
    400 | X | O | O | O |
    450 | X | O | O | X |
    500 | X | X | O | O |

    dsr, Feb 16, 2004

  2. dsr

    Identity Guest

    Most system requirements are pulled out of the air. Your computer will
    probably run DIVX fine, give it a go before trying to upgrade.
    Jumper configs are individual to the motherboard model. Your motherboard's
    manual would be more informative.

    Identity, Feb 17, 2004

  3. dsr

    dsr Guest

    Thanks, the system is kind of doggie in general naturally. I doubt
    bumping it up to PII 450 MHZ would make that much difference. The
    bios has been upgraded to January '99 but that is just an OEM upgrade.
    Probably would not take a PIII anyways.

    dsr, Feb 17, 2004