    the motherboard is a jabil bx part number 4000502. gateway support gives no info on cpu upgrades. I can buy a cpu in the 600-700 mhz range for about twenty bucks.
    Gateway support link http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERBD/INTEL/m00264/M0026428.shtml Is that 450 p3 all you can do with this machine ?

    Last edited: Jul 22, 2006
    RickH, Jul 6, 2006
  2. RickH

    RickH

    Location:
    Indiana
    just an update. I purchased a p3 650mhz for $8. I figured if it didn't work, that wasn't a whole lot to eat. I installed it tuesday night. It has about 24 hours on it now and is running without any problems. It really perked the old thing up.
    Thanks for reading my post.:) Rick.
    ps this board had an intel bx chipset.

    RickH, Aug 18, 2006