    processors and their advantages/disadvantages ?

    Thanks and Regards
    Rex

    Rex Rodrigues, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Rex Rodrigues

    adias angel Guest

    Ok heres the short and quick version :)

    - anything without an M behind it is a desktop processor. Runs hotter
    and sucks your battery life (you'll be lucky to get 2 hours).

    - PIII-M and P4-M are both laptop processors but from what I read you
    want to stay away from the P4-M there was alot of problems with them.

    - P-M is the new processor for the centrino line. It runs alot cooler
    and will double and almost triple your battery life. It runs at a
    lower voltage. The 1.3ghz P-M runs about as fast as a 2.0ghz P-4
    desktops processor but with less power.

    I just bought my laptop and I did research for almost a month. I
    ended up with a 1.3 ghz M and it's great! I would recommend spending
    the money on the M processor. It's a better dollar value in the end.

    Hope this helps, Carla :)

    adias angel, Jul 15, 2003