pin layout tv out asus P4R800-VM

Discussion in 'Asus' started by KJ, Dec 21, 2005.

  1. KJ

    KJ Guest

    Just a posting for archive reason, no need for replies -:)

    I found out the pin/header layout for the TV_OUT connector/header on
    the Asus P4R800-VM (and perhaps other asus boards as well).
    There is a TV out header/connector on this board, but there's no description
    available.
    I've been testing and found it out. Now with only a cinch/rca or better a
    s-vhs/s-video female chassis part, one can create a cheap tv out. Asus sells
    the AV/S brackets but they are rare and more expensive.
    Here it is:

    5 1
    |* *|
    |* * *|
    -------

    pin1= GND
    pin2=composite signal
    pin3=is emtpy/not used
    pin4=S-video/s-vhs C(chroma)
    pin5= GND
    pin6= S-video/s-vhs Y(Luma)

    KJ, Dec 21, 2005

  2. KJ

    Paul Guest

    That appears to be the same as pg.38 of this doc. So I guess both
    boards can use the same adapter.

    http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket939/A8N-VMCSM/e2294_a8n-vm_csm.pdf

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 22, 2005