Ping BillW50....Convert video files to .flv

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by olfart, Sep 1, 2008.

  1. olfart

    BillW50 Guest

    BillW50 wrote on Fri, 12 Sep 2008 17:16:33 -0500:
    Oh forget running the media player in a smaller window too. As it played
    videos for about 10 minutes and then it hung. I had to end the task, but
    Linux was still slow and sluggish. Fan is running at max for some
    reason. Under Windows I never had that happen from videos (or from
    anything else for that matter) on my EEE, even full screen on the
    external monitor.

    BillW50, Sep 12, 2008

  2. olfart

    BillW50 Guest

    In olfart typed on Fri, 12 Sep 2008 18:45:21 -0400:
    You are a very smart man! ;-)

    P.S. I grabbed one of the EEE with Windows on it and opened up the same
    videos on the external monitor in full screen. Far much better. ;-)

    BillW50, Sep 13, 2008

  3. olfart

    BillW50 Guest

    BillW50, Sep 13, 2008
  4. olfart

    olfart Guest

    Thanks for the heads up. I gave it a try but it screwed up my EXTRA video
    converter. Extra would no longer do mpeg to flv. As soon as you told it to
    convert it was finished with no flv file available. So I uninstalled both of
    them and reinstaled EXTRA and it's OK again. Reading though some of the
    posted comments on AVS there were several mentions that it used older codecs
    so what it probably did was delete the codecs for EXTRA and installed the
    ones for AVS. EXTRA is doig what I need so I guess I'll stick with it.

    olfart, Sep 13, 2008
  5. olfart

    BillW50 Guest

    olfart wrote on Sat, 13 Sep 2008 14:31:42 -0400:
    Hi olfart! Oh you mean ZA (#104) comment? I didn't have that problem.
    Did you uncheck "Install Windows Media Format 9 Series Runtime files"? I
    did on two of my installs.

    BillW50, Sep 13, 2008