    Hey McG (and anyone else),

    You running Oblivion in SLI? I get the Windoze start button flickering if I
    play in SLI...as you can imagine I ain't a happy chappie.

    DC, Mar 27, 2006

  2. DC

    First of One Guest

    That was the optimization nVidia talked about...

    Jokes aside, have you tried forcing a different SLI mode (alternate-frame
    versus split-frame, etc.)?

    First of One, Mar 28, 2006

  3. DC

    DC Guest

    I'm super new to SLI - how do I go about that? At the moment I think it's
    alternate frame...
    Thanks for your help...

    DC, Mar 28, 2006
  4. DC

    DC Guest

    OK! I worked out how to enable this, and I have tried all the different
    modes - both AFR modes, SFR, SLI8x and SLI16x, even single GPU rendering and
    of course auto-select.

    I still get the flicker!

    Unless...*goes away to fiddle* AH-HA! The problem appears to be the
    particular skin I'm using with WindowsBlinds. I disabled it, and the
    flickering went away - the nVidia control panel also started asking me 'The
    profile...is being used by multiple applications...' that it's apparently
    meant to when you change settings to a profile.

    However, I've just turned my skin back on, nVidia still asks me to change
    the profile if I make any modifications and the flickering has gone away!

    Strange...I really don't know why it suddenly decided to start working, but
    I'm happy.

    Thankyou!

    DC, Mar 28, 2006
  5. DC

    McGrandpa Guest

    I play oblivion in either single gpu or SLI. runs slightly choppy in
    action sequences with single gpu at times. SLI does great. Er, I don't
    use Windows blinds or that kind of thing yet. Not in x64.
    McG.

    McGrandpa, Mar 29, 2006
  6. DC

    DC Guest

    *dreamily* SLI is great....

    DC, Mar 30, 2006
  7. DC

    McGrandpa Guest

    "DC"
    snippage
    SLI is great. When I want to get into a long session of one of my games, I
    enable SLI multi GPU render and enjoy the smoothest gameplay I've ever seen
    :) FEAR really benefits from SLI!!!
    McG.

    McGrandpa, Mar 31, 2006