    does anyone use this combination without problems? With WinXPpro?

    I'm looking for a tv-card and the Pinnacle is one of the favours.

    Thanks, Thomas

    Thomas Hacker, Nov 23, 2003

  2. Thomas Hacker

    Paul Guest

    The motherboard might be the least of your problems. I did some reading
    on PVR solutions last night, and some of the comments mentioned
    blurring caused by the MPEG compression being worse than some set
    top boxes or TIVO type solutions. Do plenty of reading before buying
    a product you won't be happy with. As well, you may need to do
    transcoding if the final target is CD/DVD, in which the extra compression
    steps will erode the quality. And, as always, "garbage-in garbage-out"
    - if the video stream being fed to the card isn't pristine, you
    won't be happy with the final result, as digitizing doesn't add to
    the viewing experience, it only subtracts from it.

    Try to get a demo somewhere if you can.

    Effectively, these PVR solutions are like taking a WinTV BT848 type
    card and adding lossy compression to it. If it looks crappy on
    WinTV...

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Nov 23, 2003

  3. Thomas Hacker

    dave Guest

    Hi.

    I am using a Pinnacle PCTV and ASUS P4C800 deluxe.A bit different but almost
    the same.The system is the most stable system i ever had.The pctv works
    perfect with this board and i am very happy with it i would say buy it.

    dave, Nov 23, 2003