    Punkbuster bans pirates as well ?

    Bye,
    Skybuck =D

    Skybuck Flying, Apr 25, 2007

  2. Oh well never mind,

    I found a nice old cd key generator which is enough to change the guid
    hihihihihi. See regedit and etc :):):)

    Bye,
    Skybuck ;)

    Skybuck Flying, Apr 25, 2007

  3. If you really like a game or when you are planning to play it on-line >on a
    server< , you
    should buy it.

    First of all, game programming is a full-time job, and for most it's not
    paying that much.

    Secondly, several games have an on-line check.
    If multiple instances of the same serial are used at the same time, that
    serial may be banned.
    In that case, the pirate can't play the game but the same happens for the
    fellow who purchased
    the game in the first place.

    It's very rare to generate the same guid twice though, but there is always a
    chance someone will
    be unable to play because you pirated the game.

    If you're using local LAN, VPN-LAN or using a local server (like unreal
    tournament's local lan
    server) it's probably not a problem.

    just my 2 cents.

    regards,
    Marcel

    Marcel Overweel, Apr 25, 2007
  4. Skybuck Flying

    Wax Guest

    Free ride in police cab if you are caught stealing!

    Wax, Apr 25, 2007
  5. Skybuck Flying

    Maincat Guest

    Pirates = thieving scum.

    Maincat, Apr 25, 2007
  6. Skybuck Flying

    goPostal Guest

    I'm sure you've never downloaded a single mp3 in your life.

    goPostal, Apr 26, 2007
  7. Skybuck Flying

    Geoff Guest

    yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
    yarrrrr !

    Geoff, Apr 26, 2007
  8. Skybuck Flying

    Fierce Guppy Guest

    Yes, and at my place of employment one of those thieving scum got all
    indignant when I fogged him off after tellng me what he'd do to the thieving
    scum who stole his guitar. Dumb animal. Paraphrasing Vivian from "The
    Young Ones", I think this nefarious activity calls for a very special blend
    of psychology and extreme violence.

    FierceGuppy

    (email: fierce;guppy@paradise;net;nz)

    Fierce Guppy, May 2, 2007