    an Iiyama Prolite 24" LCD Monitor which is connected via the HDMI cable.
    I was wondering what kind of resolutions i would get too.

    Phil.

    timelord, Jun 6, 2009

  2. timelord

    deimos Guest

    timelord wrote:
    > I use a 9800GX2 card which has a HDMI connector. If i connect this to my
    > Panasonic 42" plasma HDTV how will it perform during gaming? I currently
    > use an Iiyama Prolite 24" LCD Monitor which is connected via the HDMI
    > cable.
    > I was wondering what kind of resolutions i would get too.
    >
    > Phil.

    It performs just wonderfully. Also without any input lag or blurring.
    You likely have a similar model to my TC-P42S1 - which I love and works
    great with PC HDMI.

    One bit of advice, whatever HDMI input you use (1,2,3), set the
    sharpness ALL THE WAY down to 0. Anything above 0 adds post processing
    and actually makes the image less clear. At 0 you get a pixel perfect
    display. I found text hard to read until I figured this out. Now it
    looks exactly like any DVI/HDMI PC monitor.

    If you have the 1080P plasma like mine then you will automatically do
    1920x1080. It's a good resolution. I recommend staying away from 720P
    because you get overscan, and on my model I can't turn it off for that
    particular res (1366x768). YMMV. 480P and others are handled just like
    you would expect. Your plasma's scaler will take care of aspect correction.

    Using a new PDP is the next best thing to CRT gaming. Have loads of fun.

    deimos, Jun 6, 2009