    it's an unusual player in that it has codec's built in) but now it crashes
    at start-up and reinstalling doesn't help. HELP!

    Scrim

    Scrim, Jul 5, 2005

  2. Scrim

    Rubbie Guest

    Are you running in clone mode, or using any type of nview mode? (Even when
    you don't use your tv to watch it). Try setting the settings to basic (so no
    tv-out enabled).

    Rubbie, Jul 5, 2005

  3. Scrim

    Scrim Guest

    Thanks, but I watch the films on my TV, using TV out, so I need that
    enabled. Also, after a reboot it works with my TV ok, so I think the problem
    is elsewhere

    Scrim

    Scrim, Jul 5, 2005
  4. Scrim

    J. Clarke Guest

    Define "anything else". If you try each application in turn, attempting
    playback after each, I suspect you'll find the culprit.

    J. Clarke, Jul 5, 2005
  5. Scrim

    Scrim Guest

    I know what you mean, but the main thing you mustn't do before playing a
    film, is play a film!
    In other words, after each continuous playing of a film you need to do a
    reboot of the computer!
    I've found I can get away with queuing several things to play, but if I
    close the player (Windows Media Player or BSPlayer usually) and try to play
    something again, the problems start.

    Scrim

    Scrim, Jul 5, 2005
  6. Scrim

    Rubbie Guest

    Wouldn't it be best to first try to solve the problem with only the most
    basic things needed? ;)

    Rubbie, Jul 5, 2005
  7. Scrim

    Rubbie Guest

    Oh I just remembered another .. issue. Check your HDD, it might be almost
    near death, and the problem of slow/fixed frames is caused by a HDDspinup
    failure. (just listen to your HDD('s) during boot, do they make repeatable
    spin-up sounds, if so, start looking for a new HDD.)

    When I had your problem, at first it helped to just disable the nview, but
    after time passed more and more I had problems with playing movie's. When I
    changed my HDD with a RMA replacement, everyhting was fine again (The
    failing HDD only hold movie's and mp3's and no windows system files, not
    even the paging file)

    Rubbie, Jul 5, 2005
  8. Scrim

    J. Clarke Guest

    Sounds like when you close the player some component that it uses isn't
    being released.

    J. Clarke, Jul 5, 2005
  9. Scrim

    Scrim Guest

    The HDD's are fine - everythiing is fine if I play the film after a reboot.
    I think it's some kind of software issue. The player starts to use 99% cpu
    and that's why everything slows up. The problem is I don't know what's
    causing this... :-( My guess is it's to do witjh codecs.

    Scrim

    Scrim, Jul 5, 2005
  10. Scrim

    Scrim Guest

    That's what I think. So what might not be being released, and how can I fix
    it? I've reinstalled players and codecs without success.

    Scrim

    Scrim, Jul 7, 2005
  11. Scrim

    Rubbie Guest

    Did you already try ending "explorer.exe" and starting it again, manually?

    Rubbie, Jul 7, 2005
  12. Scrim

    Scrim Guest

    I've tried it now, but it hasn't worked - thanks for the idea though,

    Scrim

    Scrim, Jul 9, 2005