Playing videos and DVDs show split screen and funky colors on TV out (secondary).

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by ANTant, Sep 22, 2006.

  1. ANTant

    ANTant Guest

    Hello.

    I am having display problems with my old CRT TV out (nothing fancy like HDTV, LCD, plasma, etc.)
    hooked up to a VCR to my XFX GeForce 6800 (AGP; 128 MB) using 91.47 driver (set to clone or
    whatever with full overlay display for videos). I use WinDVD 7, PowerDVD 7, Media Player Classic
    v6.4.9.0, VideoLan Client (VLC) Media Player v0.8.5, etc. to play various videos.

    I noticed with DVDs, QuickTime (with K-Lite Codec Full Pack v2.77 and QuickTime Alternative
    v1.76), Google Video (AVI), etc, my TV out display is split in half (left and right side). The
    left frame has wrong colors (green, purple, etc.). Also, the picture flickers like crazy in play
    mode. In paused mode, either I see split screens with wrong colors or a non-split static
    picture. Basically play mode switch back and forth. The primary screen (my 17" CRT monitor)
    does not show this.

    And more weirder is that playing .TS and MPEG-2 to my TV does not have any problems.

    Any ideas on what's happening and how to fix it? Thank you in advance. :)
    --
    "A centipede is an ant made to Canadian/government specs." --unknown
    /\___/\
    ( )

    ANTant, Sep 22, 2006

  2. ANTant

    ANTant Guest

    http://www.codecs.ipbfree.com/index....pic=1671&st=0& says to downgrade the driver back to
    84.21. It worked.

    Geez, NVIDIA is getting bad with its drivers like ATI.

    Did you guys have problem thi TV out's fullscreen overlay?

    ANTant, Sep 23, 2006

  3. ANTant

    First of One Guest

    Are you using the video mixing renderer (VMR) mode in the media player apps?
    Don't use it.

    Also, try playing DVDs with DVDIdle running in the system tray, in the odd
    chance that Macrovision is the culprit.

    First of One, Sep 23, 2006
  4. ANTant

    ANTant Guest

    Um, I tried ALL options including VMR.

    Doesn't that hog up my HDD space? I don't think I have the disk space to rip/copy the DVD to my
    HDD. :(
    --
    "Oh bother", said Winnie the Pooh, "There's an ant on my foot..."
    /\___/\
    ( )

    ANTant, Sep 24, 2006
  5. ANTant

    First of One Guest

    Nope. DVDIdle simply removes Macrovision and regional coding from DVDs in
    real time as you watch the DVD from the DVD drive.

    First of One, Sep 25, 2006
  6. ANTant

    ANTant Guest

    Interesting. However, this product dosn't seem to be free or did I miss it? If not free, then is
    there a freeware one?

    ANTant, Sep 25, 2006
  7. ANTant

    First of One Guest

    Nope, not free. Though you can always try http://astalavista.box.sk ,
    preferably with a non-IE browser.

    The program you want to use is DVDIdle Pro, not the basic version.

    First of One, Sep 26, 2006
  8. ANTant

    ANTant Guest

    Heh, no thanks!

    Ah, I thought I could do this with the basic version. Hmm, there has to be a
    free/alternative version.

    ANTant, Sep 26, 2006