    I'd have to say anything from a GFX 5500 on up, or maybe a good
    overclocked 5200 Ultra will do extremely well. 5700's are sitting very
    nicely currently. The FX's aren't so bad after all.

    deimos, Aug 3, 2004

  2. deimos

    Granulated Guest

    let me know if it's still smooth with no occasional slideshows when you get to
    "Alpha Labs section one"
    (basically the 3rd major section)

    --

    ) ___ ______
    (__/_____) /) (, / )

    Granulated, Aug 4, 2004

  3. deimos

    JS Guest

    What CPU are you running?

    JS, Aug 4, 2004
  4. deimos

    Eric Guest

    Posts like this are meaningless without the following information:

    1. your machine specs (including driver used for vid card)
    2. your game settings (including resolution, advanced settings, etc.)

    3. Results in timedemo demo1

    Eric, Aug 4, 2004
  5. deimos

    Granulated Guest

    ahh I fixed the problem by disabling AF
    --

    ) ___ ______
    (__/_____) /) (, / )

    Granulated, Aug 4, 2004
  6. deimos

    deimos Guest

    Yep. I beat it last night. Even during the Guardian and Cyberdemon
    fights, not even a hiccup. I was surprised.

    While the framerate is not all that high, it stays consistent and
    doesn't have wild variations even during intense battles. I do notice a
    drop when I get hit direct in the face with like a Cacodemon fireball or
    Imp (the shader heat-wave effect).

    deimos, Aug 5, 2004
  7. deimos

    deimos Guest

    XP 2500+ "Barton"

    deimos, Aug 5, 2004
  8. deimos

    deimos Guest

    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton
    Leadtek K7NCR18D-Pro NForce 2 400
    512MB PC2700 DDR
    Geforce FX 5600 w/ 256MB RAM
    Windows XP SP1
    Forceware 61.77

    800x600x32 at High Quality ingame
    No AA, no AF, Tri and AF optimizations disabled
    All advanced options on (spec, shadows, vsync, etc)

    No timedemos as of yet, only general observations and gameplay
    experience. I'm sure the average framerate would not be all that great
    (maybe 30-ish overall), but the experience is more important.

    deimos, Aug 5, 2004