Please advise: 120 Gig USB Hard drive on crusty Toshiba Laptop: will it recoginize all the drive?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Dave, Aug 13, 2003.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Just purchased a USB 2 external hard drive case and popped in my Maxtor
    120GB Hard drive
    Being a carefull geezer ,I created a 500 Megabyte fat partition and I am
    able to read and write files

    Here are the specs:
    Toshiba Satelite 4005CDS with the following specs:
    Pentium 2 233 MHZ
    Windows 98 2nd Edition
    96 MB RAM
    16 bit SVGA 800x600 max resolution
    4 gigabyte hard drive + CD ROM and Floppy
    1 USB 1 port

    Will my system recognize multitple 32 Gigabyte FAT32 partitions on USB 2
    external hard drive case ?

    I would rather benefit from others past experiance then try it out and see
    what happens and risk data loss.
    Also would like to know of performance issues with large partiitons on this
    particular system

    TIA
    Dave

    Dave, Aug 13, 2003