Please help, 7800 GS with LCD projection HDTV

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Adam Corolla, Jul 27, 2006.

  1. Adam Corolla

    Adam Corolla Guest

    I have a Sony KDF-E55A20 TV that I'm using as a computer monitor.

    When I use an analog signal converter to convert my VGA output to Component,
    it looks pretty good, but the picture doesn't fill the screen.

    When I use a DVI to HDMI cable co connect the nVidia's DVI output to my TV's
    HDMI input, it fills the whole screen, and the colors are much better,
    however the screen is "pixilated" if that's the right word--if you've ever
    seen an LCD screen set to a non-native resolution, you know what I mean.

    I looked up the native resolution of the screen, and Sony claims it's 1366 x
    768. When I try to set that as a custom resolution in ForceWare Release 90
    (Version: 91.31 Release Date: June 23, 2006) it will not even test the
    resolution, it just says "invalid resolution."

    UPDATE: If I use PowerStrip to set the resolution manually, I get a very
    small picture in the center of the screen that "vibrates" or moves up and
    down slightly very quickly.

    Here's Sony's specs on the TV:
    Video
    Native Resolution: 720p
    Display Resolution: 1366 x 768
    Vertical Size: +5 to -5
    Vertical Center: +5 to -5

    How can I get the picture to look as good as it does with the analog
    converter box as far as smooth lines? Please, any help would be
    appreciated. I'm researching this problem myself (found & tried PowerStrip)
    but am only getting more frustrated...

    Adam Corolla, Jul 27, 2006