    gratefully appreciated....
    Taki
    NZ.

    takitimu, Jun 26, 2003

  2. takitimu

    horwinkle Guest

    I have this same card (and unfortunately it won't work with the new WinXP
    box that I have on order, so I'll have to move on to an ATI AIW 9000 Pro ...
    I hope that one is as good as the Matrox).

    Anyway, you don't say what you're using to playback the DVD on your PC. I
    presume you use something like Power DVD or Win DVD? I use Power DVD.

    With the Matrox in "DualHead Clone, DVDMax or Zoom" mode, the contents of
    the Power DVD video window on the Windows monitor is duplicated on the TV
    output. So that can be fed to a VCR to be taped.

    - Right-click the Windows desktop and select Properties
    - Choose the Settings tab.
    - Click the Advanced... button
    - Select the DualHead tab
    - Click the "DualHead Clone, DVDMax or Zoom" box
    - Click the "Use DualHead DVDMax" box
    - Click the DVDMax Options... button
    - Click the 4:3 (standard) button (VCRs expect "normal" 4:3 ratio TV format)
    - Click OK
    - Click Apply

    You'll probably have to reboot at this point.

    horwinkle, Jun 26, 2003

  3. takitimu

    takitimu Guest

    Hi...I forgot to mention my OS is Windows 98SE....I use Power DVD to play
    dvd,s but I ripped this particular DVD I want to put on video tape..so I
    have different variants of it..
    Surprisingly I had my settings exactly as you say so obviously theres
    another problem....So could I ask a few questions.Please...
    (1) With the Matrox in "DualHead Clone, DVDMax or Zoom" mode ...I presume
    the breakbox should be hooked up to the VCR as in the manual ....
    (2) I am using a Samsung Multi System for the VCR ..so its a good VCR I am
    using BUT there is some funny things going on....EG..I initially used the
    front inputs but never got anywhere till I used the rear inputs and I got
    Audio through my TV ov the video clip I was playing (but no Video)
    (3) Subsequently I cannot even get Audio ...and I tested by running the
    audio leads direct to an amp speakers ..Nothing?
    Now I am no expert here but I presume the output leads from the breakbox
    should have Stereo L+R audio and a Video being fed in them and they go to
    the input of the VCR........As I said I tested the audio output and I have
    "lost "the audio I once had....I am beginning to wonder if I have a problem
    in the breakout box.....

    With the settings right and the breakbox out going to my VCR as
    stipulated.....Can you suggest any tests to do ,just to try and figure out
    whats going on ......
    Thanks Takitimu NZ.

    takitimu, Jun 27, 2003
  4. takitimu

    DrSpider Guest

    I have the Marvel g400-tv, (TV turner card) PC-VCR has an option for out to
    TV, I have use this option to copy DVD to tape, (Win 98se) if you have this
    card, set up the option and then closed the PC-VCR and then open the DVD
    player, With this option, any movie player will out put to the TV/VCR.

    After done recording, I turn the this option off again...

    Hope that helps..

    DrSpider

    Whats the secret to copying my latest DVD purchase out from my PCDVD player
    via Matrox Marvel G400 out to be taped on my VCR...... I have connected
    the breakout box out lines ...to my VCR in lines on my VCR as the Matrox
    instruction book says....
    and have set my VCR to "line in".........There is just some setting I have
    not got right here.....Dual head is disabled ......Any help would be
    gratefully appreciated....
    Taki
    NZ.

    DrSpider, Jun 27, 2003
  5. takitimu

    takitimu Guest

    Hi ..DrSpider ...Thanks for your reply....I found "output to video line
    out" is this the TV out option you refer to......I have the same set up as
    your self ...I run leads between the breakout out box (beside the monitor
    and Power sockets) to my VCR inputs.....As I understand this is
    correct.............Yet something is not right/happening......I have another
    Matrox Marvel card /breakoutbox etc and wondering if I should try
    it.................
    I presume that the audio lines "out" from the breakout box should be
    carrying Audio and if one feeds them into an amp and there is no
    audio....this means that either I have a setting missed or the Matrox card
    is no good.....The manual sure is a great help??????
    Taki NZ.

    takitimu, Jun 27, 2003
  6. takitimu

    DrSpider Guest

    Hi.. I gave some wrong advice,, I just tested this right before I replied
    to you,, So here it is,,

    The PC-VCR option to line out,, check on.
    Connect the cable from breakout box to a TV/VCR
    Minimize the TV turner card window..
    Open your DVD player and start movie.
    The sound should come out your computer speakers and TV speakers at the same
    time..

    I tried this with the Matrax DVD player...

    Another option could be if your sound card has a line out, then you'll need
    a cable (single stereo female jack that will split into 2 RCA jacks for you
    TV/VCR) I now remeber that this is how I did it.

    DrSpider

    DrSpider, Jun 28, 2003
  7. takitimu

    takitimu Guest

    Thanks ....I put in my second Matrox card and reinstalled software and
    checked all leads.....Good News I have video on my TVscreen and on my tape
    in my VCR but Unfortunately NO audio......As I read your mail below ..I can
    try running audio straight from my soundcard to my VCR leaving out the Break
    Box.....

    Also I apologise for the 3 extra mails that got on the group...I do not know
    how it happened and I have no afilliation to the ICONZ whever they are>>.

    Re the audio /..is there a separate control mixer that I have to set ?
    Thanks Taki NZ.

    takitimu, Jun 28, 2003
  8. takitimu

    horwinkle Guest

    Theoretically, you could plug the Matrox audio input cable into your sound
    card output.

    But in that mode, I'd get a low howl every time I'd boot up. It would only
    stop after I started up
    the PC-VCR.

    So instead I just feed the TV from my sound card output. This required two
    adapters:

    1. A single stereo mini-phone plug to dual stereo mini-phone jack. Available
    at Radio Shack or (much cheaper) from on-line suppliers. My PC speakers are
    plugged into one of these jacks.

    2. A stereo mini-phone plug to twin RCA jacks. From Radio Shack on on-line.
    I insert this plug into the second jack, above. Then feed the TV audio from
    the twin RCA jacks.

    horwinkle, Jun 28, 2003
  9. takitimu

    takitimu Guest

    Thanks for all the help..I have everything working but I have connected
    audio via double socket on my soundcard direct to my VCR.....Now to reverse
    the process and find out if the first MatroxMarvel Card is defective or if
    "as I suspect" the software had not been installed properly....Taki

    takitimu, Jun 28, 2003