Please HELP! Problem loading Vista on SN68PTG5

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by jon.elwood, May 11, 2008.

  1. jon.elwood

    jon.elwood Guest

    I'm sure someone here can help. I have just bought a SN68PTG5 Glamor
    Series to use a media center pc with my HDTV. I thought i could put
    it all together but maybe i bit off more than i can chew!

    I have installed:
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (3GHz) Socket AM2 L2 2MB (2 x 1MB) Cache OEM
    Processor
    Samsung HD753LJ 750GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm *32MB Cache* - OEM
    OCZ 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 CL 4-4-4-15 PLATINUM XTC
    Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium - Licence and media - 1 PC - OEM
    - DVD - 64-bit - English
    LG Electronics Blu-Ray & HD-DVD-Rom Combo 16x DVDRW Black SATA GGC-
    H20L

    The problem is when loading Vista, it is extremely slow to go through
    the install screens, then it gets stuck on 'Expanding Files'. It took
    almost 24 hours to get to 44% at which point i turned it off. Same
    problem on the 2nd/3rd try. I am now stuck and don't know what to
    try. I followed the install instructions to put the components in and
    am sure the cables are correct (you can't really go wrong with that
    can you?). I also loaded the optimised settings within the BIOS as
    instructed but still no good.

    Sorry if i appear dumb but have never built a PC before - would really
    appreciate some help if you can.

    Regards
    Jon

    jon.elwood, May 11, 2008