    i would be highly obliged if somone could help me
    thanks in advance

    gagan

    Gagan_sulfnbk, Jan 14, 2007

  2. Gagan_sulfnbk

    Roman Guest

    Porting depends on what 3rd party libraries are you using and if they
    are available for target platform.

    Why to port at all? P4 can be embedded too and the price may be lower
    than any comparable DSP system and porting cost will be zero.

    Roman

    Roman, Jan 15, 2007

  3. hi roman

    thanks for replying

    i want to install this dsp in a car which would captures images from
    a camera and does computer vision stuff on it to avoid collissions with
    other cars. So i need a compact product as i cannot install pc in a
    car.
    i have no idea which can suit the best a dsp or arm board or nething
    else?
    can you help me?
    can you please give me your phone number if possible?
    i will call you and ask my doubts? i would be highly obliged.

    its really urgent for me to know the approximate cost of a module which
    can be installed in a car without any pc which has computation power
    equal to 4ghz pentium 4 processor.
    just give me a rough idea of cost 200 euros ? 300 ? 400 euros or
    dollars?

    just give me ne idea
    PLEASE

    thanks in advance
    gagan

    Gagan_sulfnbk, Jan 15, 2007
  6. thanks werty

    Gagan_sulfnbk, Jan 18, 2007
  7. hi roman

    can you guide me as how difficult is to port my program on dsp.
    do i have to rewite my whole program again or is their specific
    compiler for transferring c++code to dsp

    gagan

    Gagan_sulfnbk, Jan 24, 2007
  8. Gagan_sulfnbk

    smo59 Guest

    I have worked on a TI DSP (DM642 I think) for an image processing
    application and the compiler (Code Composer Studio) would accept C++
    code.

    If you are intent on following a DSP route, also look at
    http://www.mangodsp.com/ and
    http://www.kanecomputing.co.uk/kcl_enews_dsp_boards_for_video_processing.htm

    I seem to remember at the end of the project, I decided that I would
    have used the http://www.kanecomputing.co.uk/ip_boards_smc.htm board if
    I could do it again.

    It may also be worth looking at Single Board Computers - (
    www.arcom.com, www.dspdesign.com)
    This would look/act more like a small PC that you can more readily port
    your code to.

    smo59, Jan 25, 2007