Please help: screen goes very dark - fn+f8 helps only for short term

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by spoono, Apr 20, 2006.

  1. spoono

    spoono Guest

    Hi,
    I would be very grateful for some diagnostics on the probleme i have
    with my toshiba tecra 8100 - since I desperatly need it to get me
    through the last four weeks of my diplomy thesis ;-)

    while working, from time to time the screen goes very dark. it is still
    possible to see something when looking very carfully. Pressing fn+f8
    five times consecutively helps: the screen resumes its original
    lightness.

    The problem occurs more and more frequently, sometimes every other
    minute.

    Is this a software (driver/bios) issue - and there something I can try
    to solve it?

    Or is there some obvious hardware problem I can fix myself or do I have
    to let it be fixed?

    Thank you very much for your comments
    spoono

    spoono, Apr 20, 2006