    something. I don't know why it said I don't have enough power, I think
    I should have enough, and how low it lowered my performance I don't
    know either. Anybody know where I can see the performance information?

    Alien, Nov 30, 2005

  2. Alien

    Alien Guest

    haha nevermind I just connected one of the power supply connectors to
    the back of the card (which they call a Molex) and everything's fine
    now :) First time I see a video card that needs a power supply
    connector connected to it, lol.

    Alien, Nov 30, 2005

  3. Alien

    franky Guest

    let us know if you get any tiny 'pauses' during gameplay...
    having 256 or 128mb on card and 2gb system ram doesn't seem to fix it,
    2 seperate pci-e and agp systems

    franky, Nov 30, 2005
  4. Alien

    Highlandish Guest

    i have 2 6600gt's in sli mode, i dont need any extra molex's, is your card
    agp? and funnily enough with ATI cards if you dont connect the molex the
    computer wont boot at all.

    Highlandish, Nov 30, 2005
  5. Alien

    First of One Guest

    Could be a sound card-related issue. Look in BIOS for an option called "PCI
    latency" or "PCI delay" and fiddle with it.

    First of One, Nov 30, 2005
  6. Alien

    franky Guest

    hmm these are systems with on-board sound cards - one realtek and the
    other creative/soundblaster (asus and msi respectively) would that still
    apply? Will definitely check that out tho thanks

    franky, Nov 30, 2005
  7. Apparently, the PCI-E bus can supply enough power to a 6600GT without
    having to use an extra power-connector.

    The AGP bus is not specced for that much power, which is why there's an
    extra connector on the AGP 6600GT cards.

    At least, that's what I understood.

    Regards,

    Patrick.

    Patrick Vervoorn, Nov 30, 2005
  8. Alien

    Fuzzy Wuzzy Guest

    looks like that one was definitely sound related, the help files
    for the game mentioned turning directx sound hardware acceleration
    down to 'basic' if there are lockups etc..

    seems to have done the trick for me.

    Fuzzy Wuzzy, Nov 30, 2005
  9. Alien

    First of One Guest

    Doesn't matter. The sound chips are still on the PCI bus... unless it's an
    nForce2 board.

    First of One, Nov 30, 2005
  10. Alien

    First of One Guest