    Please reply,
    Thanks,
    Alex

    Alex, Jan 16, 2004

  2. Windows XP for Itanium (64-bit) is available at retail. It isn't exactly
    inexpensive ($400), but it is available.
    It is illegal to copy any version of Windows - and since you'll need to
    activate it, you'll have to purchase it.

    A bigger issue -- what do you plan to run on it? Garden variety software
    won't run well (or at all, in many cases) on Itanium, so you're going to be
    faced with buying Itanium software as well as the operating system - and
    living with a slow execution.

    Unless you have a use for this system, I'd return it - you'll get better
    performance out of a $500 Dimension 4600 with most software than you will
    running it on an Itanium.

    Edward J. Neth, Jan 16, 2004

  3. Alex

    Gus Guest

    Have you tried Microsoft?

    Gus, Jan 17, 2004
  4. Alex

    Alex Guest

    Can you tell me where can I buy the xp 64bit OS?...

    Thanks,
    Alex

    Alex, Jan 17, 2004
  5. Alex

    WSZsr Guest

    Microsoft

    WSZsr, Jan 17, 2004
  6. Alex

    WSZsr Guest

  7. Alex

    Alex Guest

    Ok, but the Microsoft offers this windows with HP workstatino only.
    They also offer this OS to manufacturers.

    Thanks,
    Alex

    Alex, Jan 17, 2004
  8. Alex

    Tom Scales Guest

    I'm still confused. How did you get one without the OS? It's usually
    bundled. Even if it is not, why won't Dell sell it to you?

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jan 18, 2004
  9. Alex

    Alex Guest

    I don't know, but they told me that it's not for sale to public yet.
    I have warranty on the system, but they still wont sell it.

    Alex

    Alex, Jan 20, 2004