Please help! XPpro Asus Geforce4Ti4800 makes Sony Monitor multiscan blurry

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Castle, May 12, 2004.

  1. Castle

    Castle Guest

    Hello there,

    Hope you guys can give me a solution here.

    I upgraded my computer and my software over the weekend and a few
    things stuffed up.

    My system specs - ASUS Geforce4Ti4800SE V9480, Sony Trinitron
    Multiscan 100sf monitor, WindowsXPpro, P4 3.0G, Asus P4800S
    motherboard, Samsung 1G RAM, Mirage 500w powersupply etc.. and using
    the Asus 52.16 driver.

    My problem is that the screen doesn't look as sharp as it did when I
    was on Win2k. Its looks a little blurry. I did not notice it initially
    but after 5 mins my eyes start to hurt. I got the Nvidia force refresh
    rate upto 85h. But no diff.

    XP claims that my monitor is a Sony CPD100sf - not a Multiscan 100sf.
    My previous OS- Windows2k recognized it though.

    I tried downloading the driver from Sony but they don't stock it
    anymore.

    Please help.

    Crimson

    Castle, May 12, 2004

  2. Castle

    Castle Guest

    (Castle) wrote in message

    I should also mention that I did go to the Sony website and tried to
    download the inf driver for the monitor but the only thing that came
    up with a windows95 exe file.

    Castle, May 13, 2004

  3. Castle

    JonMaC Guest

    Had similar on my new laptop with Xp - wortha try.
    Display properties > appearance > effects. "Method for smoothing edge of
    screen fonts" = standard

    HTH JonMaC

    JonMaC, May 13, 2004