Please test Asus Digital VCR with TV capture and Closed Captions!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Vladimir Vetroff, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I don't have any Asus TV card myself but I've got this application ver. 2001
    year.
    I am very interested in capturing Closed Captions aired in USA NTSC with any
    TV program.
    The better way is to have CC as text file with time markers, but embedded CC
    in video file
    would be OK.
    I cannot afford buying CPC CaptionMaker $1500 or so to get CC in file with
    time markers.

    In the app there is a setup dialog with Capture tab where you can change
    video capture settings
    namelly "Capture Closed Captions (if supported)"
    it is grayed out on my system. I was wondering what effect it would be if
    this option is
    available and someone will try to capture a movie with CC?
    The result I need is to play back the captured movie with CC displayed in
    software media player.

    Please somebody test this feature and reply to this message.

    Vlad

    Vladimir Vetroff, Feb 3, 2004