    Running XP Pro
    1 gig of ram
    AMD 2800

    Helen Zass, Jul 3, 2004

  2. Have you got the latest Nforce drivers installed, or just the ones that
    came with your motherboard? If you have the most recent ones installed and
    you are still having this problem, then reinstall the standard Microsoft
    IDE drivers and see if the problem goes away.

    Captain Sarcastic, Jul 3, 2004

  3. Helen Zass

    Doug Ramage Guest

    I have to use the MS IDE drivers for my second burner to be recognised in
    some programs.

    Doug Ramage, Jul 3, 2004
  4. Helen Zass

    Helen Zass Guest

    Thanks for the advice, so I would go to device manager then IDE ATA/ATAPI
    controllers, then Secondary IDE channels and update them there??

    Helen Zass, Jul 3, 2004
  5. You have to have the MS driver running all the IDE channels.

    - From the device manager, "click on IDE/ATAPI controlers"
    - Right-click on "Nforce 2 ATA Controller (2.50)".
    - Select "update driver" from the popup menu
    - Select "install a driver from a list or location"
    - Select "Don't search, I will chose the driver"
    - Select "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller"
    - Select next and reboot.

    You might also want to check that you have the latest firmware for your
    drive. I know they have one or two new versions for the 712 on their
    website. You will need their firmware and updater from <http://www.plextor.com>

    Captain Sarcastic, Jul 3, 2004