PM87, MS-7104 VER 2 WON'T BOOT FROM HD

Discussion in 'MSI' started by uno ono, Jun 1, 2007.

  1. uno ono

    uno ono Guest

    Hello,

    I have the PM87 mobo with a 120 gig hd. I have tried all the proper
    bios settings to get it to boot. It shows up as it should, shows as
    active.

    I set it up with XP pro as ntfs and it would not boot. With the xp cd
    in, it would go through the boot from cd thingy, then, if you touched
    nothing, it would boot into xp. Everything showed the hd to be C
    drive, active, healthy, etc.

    Remove the CD, will not boot.

    Booted from floppy, ran partition magic, made a new primary partition,
    Hid the XP parttion, made the new partion (at the first of the hd)
    active, booted with 98 boot disk, used fdisk/mbr and sys c: tried
    booting.

    Would not boot from hd. Put XP cd in, booted to a C: prompt on the hd.

    Took CD back out, got "disk boot failure" notice.

    It has the latest MSI BIOS.

    Have tried all the boot orders.

    The hd is on the IDE 0 as master. Have tried enabling, disabling,
    SATA, tried SATA as IDE and as RAID although no SATA drive is hooked
    up.

    Will boot fine to floppy or to CD just as it should, but not to hd. HD
    is working properly and passes surface test.

    Pulling hair out.... Please help

    uno ono, Jun 1, 2007

  2. uno ono

    msimsi