PN15g Wireless LAN problems

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by goatBadger, Jul 18, 2005.

  1. goatBadger

    goatBadger Guest

    Hi,

    I'm having trouble with the PN15g wireless network module in my SB83G5M
    chassis.
    Whenever I'm using the network, Windows MCE 2005 keeps locking up. Browsing
    the web, it can keep going for an hour or so, but if I do any large file
    transfers etc., it will freeze in seconds.
    I've tried updating all the drivers, updated the BIOS, and have tried
    running both with and without the Shuttle wireless utility, but none of this
    has helped.
    Please help, it's driving me mad!
    Thanks!

    Spec:
    Shuttle SB83G5M
    Pentium IV 3.0ghz
    PN15g Wireless LAN Module
    Shuttle internal card reader (no probs with this - uses the same
    daughterboard)
    Leadtek GeForce 6600 256mb
    Creative Audigy NX USB soundcard
    Hauppauge Nova-t PCI TV card
    Windows Media Centre 2005

    goatBadger, Jul 18, 2005

  2. goatBadger

    gringo Guest

    Its crap for me 2. Works fine for net but file transfers suck. Online games
    suffer horrendously with this device. Waste of money. I believe it has
    everything to do with it using USB. I'd suggest trying a PCI wireless card
    (I know only 1 pci slot!) as my other pc uses this and works great. I had a
    netgear usb2 reciever and it does same thing -slow traffic, lots of
    dropouts - crap in games.

    gringo, Aug 2, 2005