    None of stores in Indianapolis has any.
    Even through the inventory shows them in stock.
    And they will not give Rainchecks.

    Chad Pierce, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Chad Pierce

    Dave Guest

    I was there yesterday. I did not see the 5600U but I saw a BFG 5200 128mb
    for $60 after rebate. It looked like a sweet deal.
    Dave

    Dave, Jul 16, 2003

  3. Chad Pierce

    Ted Guest

    Beware of the Best Buy (or CompUSA) mail in rebates. I've had nothing but
    trouble for the last three I have submitted.

    Ted, Jul 16, 2003
  4. Chad Pierce

    JBM Guest

    sentiment of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions."
    I agree, but it must be making them money or they
    wouldn't keep doing it. I wonder what percentage
    buy a product and never send in the rebate forms?

    Jim Manning

    JBM, Jul 16, 2003
  5. Chad Pierce

    Dave Guest

    I have gotten every rebate I've ever submitted. One time they tried to deny
    me. It was Linksys, bought from Best Buy. I was prepared and had proof and
    they relented and sent my money. Basically, I think rebates are a way to
    get some great deals. I just bought an 80GB hard drive the other day for
    $40 with a rebate. Just make darn sure you have copies of everything and
    stay organized.
    Dave

    Dave, Jul 16, 2003
  6. Chad Pierce

    B.J. Guest

    It's not just you. I go out of my way not to buy anything with a
    mail-in rebate. Too much hassle, not enough reward.

    B.J.

    B.J., Jul 16, 2003
  7. Chad Pierce

    Bratboy Guest

    I can deal with rebates in general. What I don't like is how now instead of
    simple rebate check places like Best Buy want to send you a rebate thats a
    gift card for their store. I prefeer old fashion buy it mail in and deposit
    into bank not be forced to spend it at the store hehe.

    Bratboy, Jul 17, 2003
  8. Chad Pierce

    Aussie Guest

    What a bunch of bloody dickheads...Poor guy asks about a card , all u
    dickheads talk about a f..... rebate

    Aussie, Jul 17, 2003
  9. Chad Pierce

    ginfest Guest

    Crikey, little cranky m8?

    Mike G

    ginfest, Jul 17, 2003
  10. Chad Pierce

    Chad Pierce Guest

    Thanks for getting back to the question.

    Chad Pierce, Jul 17, 2003
  11. What a bunch of bloody dickheads...Poor guy asks about a card , all u
    And this comment is helping how? You gonna talk about the card or whine about
    us? Take your medication Richardhead, it's the bottle marked THORAZINE...

    ThE AnArKrIsT, Jul 20, 2003
  12. I agree, but it must be making them money or they
    Rebates started as a legitimate way for a manufacturer to price protect high volume retailers.
    When a supplier drops a price, they rebate the difference to a retailer based on inventory.
    Large retailers inventory changes so fast it is difficult to determine a company wide inventory
    level on a single product at a specific point in time. The solution was to allow the retailer to
    sel the product at the original price and the supplier would rebate the difference directly to
    the consumer.

    Once rebates became common and accepted, the stores discovered that those consumers were so
    gullible they would even accept totally non-legitimate 'rebate' deals from the very store they
    were standing in. Furthermore, it was a method to dis allow returns. Notice that you must send
    in the ORIGINAL UPC code from the box and they store will not take returns unless the original
    box is intact.

    Amazingly, some people will still argue that this is a GREAT way to get deals that would not
    otherwise be available.

    Paying a store an inflated price and then getting back a rebate from the same store is a
    complete farce. There is no legitimate reason for this but so long as consumers are stupid
    enough to think they are getting a bargain, the stores will continue to offere store rebates.

    A quick check of any of the ratings web sites will show that Best Buy, CompUSA and others are
    well known for 'rejecting' rebates . . a favorite excuse is that the UPC code from the
    original box was not included. Naturally you have to send them the original UPC code, so if they
    conveniently loose it, you have no replacement.

    Steve Simpson, Jul 20, 2003
  13. Rebates started as a legitimate way for a manufacturer to price protect high
    LOL! A lot has happened since then.
    Unbelievable, isn't it? I've bought about, oh, ZERO products that used this
    rebate crap.
    There are a lot of reasons I'll never buy something with a rebate, this is
    definately one of them.
    That IS amazing, but true (sadly).

    ThE AnArKrIsT, Jul 20, 2003