    flickering, crosshairs are flickering, etc... This seems kind of odd,
    doesn't it? Has anyone else experienced this kind of behavior?

    Bob

    U-Bob, Mar 28, 2005

  2. Because your card is a POF and you should'a put more money into getting a
    decent card.

    Richard Dower, Mar 29, 2005

  3. U-Bob

    default Guest

    What does the acronym "POF" stand for in this context?

    default, Mar 29, 2005
  4. U-Bob

    deimos Guest

    I'm using an Apollo FX5700 with 75.90 and no problems at all. HL2
    gained a noticable speed boost with this driver.

    deimos, Mar 29, 2005
  5. To get your card working you should probably un-install the current drivers, run Nvidia's cleanup utility, and then install the ones you want. I am currently on the 66.93 drivers with no problems. By the way, you can get the cleaner utility at http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=167.

    Charles C. Drew, Mar 29, 2005
  6. U-Bob

    DaveL Guest

    It stands for "Piece Of Fhit"

    DaveL

    DaveL, Mar 29, 2005
  7. U-Bob

    U-Bob Guest

    Did I ask for your WORLDLY opinion about the card? No. Do you have
    any idea what you are talking about? No. Throwing money at a
    situation isn't always the solution. So, shut the **** up. If I had
    some desire to spend too much fucking money on a video card, I could
    have done that. PNY has lifetime warranty, so if I decide it is a flaw
    in the card, I'll get a new one. I was looking for constructive input,
    not BS. Troll somewhere else.

    U-Bob, Mar 30, 2005
  8. U-Bob

    U-Bob Guest

    Thanks. Constructive input. I had tried un-installing but I didn't
    try a clean-up. I'll give that a shot. It works fine with the 53.03,
    so I'll set a restore point and fiddle. Worst comes to worst, I'll get
    PNY to replace the card and see if a new one does the same thing.

    We could use that clean-up utility here at work! That's a keeper.

    Bob

    Charles C. Drew, Mar 30, 2005
  10. U-Bob

    NightSky 421 Guest

    I don't know how this post helps things. Regardless of what anyone thinks
    of any card, nVidia is supposed to have a unified driver that covers a lot
    of cards and I would also be concerned if any driver set newer than a
    certain set was problematic. I don't think the FX series is all that hot,
    but you could be doing much worse than a 5700.

    NightSky 421, Mar 31, 2005
  11. Try reducing the graphics hardware acceleration.
    Start-Control Panel-Display
    Properties-Settings-Advanced-TroubleShooting. There should be a
    slider called Hardware Acceleration. Reducing this often fixes the
    problem you described.

    Sig:
    Work saves us from three great evils: boredom, vice and need. -Voltaire,
    philosopher (1694-1778)

    Rotes Sapiens, Apr 3, 2005
  12. U-Bob

    U-Bob Guest

    Yeah, I did try that before. PNY said that if the newer drivers don't
    work, they will send me a new card. I haven't sat down and messed with
    it yet, been too busy unfortunately, and out of town a lot the last
    month. I plan on trying the clean utility this weekend.

    U-Bob, Apr 10, 2005