    designs by Accident.
    Anyone know Whats best and if so WHY Shouldnt i get the PNY brand
    as opposed to anyone elses.??

    TechMaster, Nov 26, 2004

  2. TechMaster

    wgd Guest

    The reason they look the same is because they *ARE* the same. Nvidia
    manufactures (or has manufactured) reference design boards which they
    sell to different companies. Some companies add their own fan/heatsink
    combo, but many do not. As far as I know, only a few companies actually
    manufacture their own design, PCBs, etc. of Nvidia video cards. I think
    ASUS is one of those, since many of their cards are non-standard
    designs.

    There is no reason not to buy the PNY brand. Some people may have had
    problems with PNY cards, but people have had problems with cards from
    ever manufacturer. If it has a one year warranty that is plenty. If it
    works for a year it will probably work for as long as you want to use
    it. The most likely component to fail is the fan, which can be cheaply
    replaced.

    wgd, Nov 27, 2004

  3. TechMaster

    Cuzman Guest

    " Anyone know Whats best and if so WHY Shouldnt i get the PNY brand as
    opposed to anyone elses.?? "

    Your system currently has a GeForce2, and you're planning to swop it for a
    6800 Ultra. It's just a hunch, but I'm guessing your system won't hold up a
    6800 Ultra. Perhaps you could enlighten us.

    Cuzman, Nov 27, 2004
  4. TechMaster

    TechMaster Guest

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 02:44:32 -0000, "Cuzman" <>
    wrote:

    Ohhh Really.......
    How about a p4 @ 2.8Ghz and a Gig or RAM
    And about 300 Gigs oh HD space.
    Running XP Pro and NOT the Dreded Service pack 2.
    Mr Smarty Pants.

    TechMaster, Nov 27, 2004
  5. TechMaster

    TechMaster Guest

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 02:44:32 -0000, "Cuzman" <>

    And ohh Yes a 500 Watt Power Supply

    TechMaster, Nov 27, 2004
  6. TechMaster

    Charlie Guest

    Charlie, Nov 27, 2004
  7. TechMaster

    Charlie Guest

    Charlie, Nov 27, 2004
  8. TechMaster

    TechMaster Guest

    Who the hell are you...Mr Spellcheck??
    Who the hell cares? Why dont you keep your inanne
    Spell thoughts to yourself. If you have something Usefull to put here
    about the question at hand then do so. If not Then GO back to
    Jerkin it to your pic's of Laura Croft.

    TechMaster, Nov 27, 2004
  9. TechMaster

    RJT Guest

    Personally, I don't think an attitude like this will help in getting
    advice, your questions answered or any other response from this NG,
    other than abusive ones.

    When you finish school, you will need to make a living. It helps if you
    have learned to be humble, polite - and how to spell. Give it a go, and
    people will respect you for it.

    RJT, Nov 27, 2004
  10. TM, your system is just fine for a 6800 Ultra.

    Charlie, Cuzman, RJT etc are just idiots.

    LK.

    Lyrical Korma, Nov 27, 2004
  11. TechMaster

    Browser Joe Guest

    Bravo...
    Couldn't have said it better myself...

    Browser Joe, Nov 27, 2004
  12. TechMaster

    dvus Guest

    He's just giving you back a little of what you're handing out.
    Heh, you're a troll's delight! I'd suggest thickening up your skin a little.

    dvus

    dvus, Nov 27, 2004
  13. TechMaster

    Cuzman Guest

    " Charlie, Cuzman, RJT etc are just idiots. "

    The OP hadn't stated his system, but yet was asking for recommendations on
    replacing a GeForce2 with a 6800 Ultra. I would think that most would point
    out the possibility that his system should be listed before such a
    recommendation could be made.

    Cuzman, Nov 27, 2004
  14. TechMaster

    TechMaster Guest

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 10:57:20 GMT, "Lyrical Korma"

    It never seizzzzes to ammmaseze meee why ther be so mannny
    speel check trolll on these Newsgroups.
    All i can figure is the Are still on thier AOL accounts and somehow
    discoverd a newsgroup thinking its a Chatroom.

    But thanks for your support. Lyrical

    TechMaster, Nov 27, 2004
  15. TechMaster

    James Riske Guest

    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=inane

    in·ane
    adj. in·an·er, in·an·est

    One that lacks sense or substance: interrupting with inane comments;
    angry with my inane roommate.

    James Riske, Nov 28, 2004
  16. TechMaster

    James Riske Guest

    Don't provoke him, he may like it...

    James Riske, Nov 28, 2004
  17. TechMaster

    John Lewis Guest

    Support is as far away as the hinterland of mainland China.
    Typical RMA cycle is between several months and
    infinite time.

    Reliability -- the design may be the same, the components are
    not....particularly the capacitors.

    If you buy PNY, also get a independent no-questions-asked
    instant-replacement contract, such as those that CompUSA
    offer.

    BFG and eVGA if you want REAL support.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Nov 28, 2004
  18. TechMaster

    RonK Guest

    BFG also includes lifetime warranty.
    I have the BFG 6800oc and used RivaTuner to turn on the 4 pipelines that
    are disabled. Fantastic graphics.

    RonK, Nov 28, 2004
  19. TechMaster

    Minotaur Guest

    I would go for a GT, not an Ultra and put the extra money towards a new
    CPU. The GT shall easily reach stock Ultra specs.. It's just the CPU you
    have now shall definantly be a bottleneck to the system, with say HL2
    etc that are very demanding on the CPU.

    Best of luck!

    l8'r Minotaur

    btw: down with the lame asses on the Usenet these days trolling for
    attention, just ignore them (8*

    Minotaur, Nov 28, 2004
  20. Thats just the regular 6800 ? And is it easy to turn those 4 other pipelines
    on ? Im thinking of getting just the 6800 over the 6600 gt agp.

    lonesw0rdsman, Nov 28, 2004