    I am feed up with sbc, looking for an alternative, can't use cable at
    one end, so the next would be satellite. Anyone know of a company
    that provides point to point service?

    sknich, Feb 2, 2004

  2. It appears much easier to find vendors for satellite radio/television
    service than satellite Internet service.

    http://www.rapidsatellite.com
    sells consumer hardware (US$580, used to be $799) and Internet service
    (US$59 per month).

    I understand that consumer satellite service usually involves
    telephone uploading and satellite downloading.

    Satellite service probably will be much more expensive than the
    telephone Internet service provided by SBC.

    camera critter, Feb 4, 2004

  3. sknich

    jamotto Guest

    Here is one that appears to require no dial-up modem

    http://directv.direcway.com/

    hope this helps

    jamotto, Feb 5, 2004