    proprietary reader they would otherwise expect me to buy.

    Thanks in advance

    Dave

    Dave, Aug 1, 2004

  2. Dave

    Ron Cook Guest

    Ron Cook, Aug 1, 2004

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Thanks for your reply. The problem is to do with Pontis using a
    non-standard file format that Windows can't access. Their software for
    accessing the card/player doesn't have an option for any other USB
    card reader than their own and refuses to recognise mine. I was
    wondering if there was a driver that would allow me to access the card
    as if it was removable storage or some way to fool the software into
    thinking that my card reader was the same as theirs. I've tried
    booting Knoppix too hoping that that would be able to read it but no
    joy. There are hacks for libpdmp to do this and also a CLI tool, but
    it seems like a lot of hassle to get these on to Knoppix. Shame Pontis
    don't have any interest in helping their customers with this, since
    I'm not not the only one who wants to do this. The serial cable
    connection takes far too long to download to a 32 meg card, I'm not
    keen on having to leave it overnight to fill up a 256 meg one.

    Dave

    Dave, Aug 2, 2004