    I will appreciate any advice or hints.

    Thanks

    James

    James, Oct 15, 2008

  2. I think it would be safe to say that the system has a hardware
    problem. If it is under warranty, it should be sent to Dell and
    repaired.

    You could try to repair it yourself if it is not under warranty.
    Laptops are typically much more involved to work on than desktops. You
    will need a good set of hand tools and the service manual, which is
    available from Dell on their support site.

    William

    William R. Walsh, Oct 17, 2008

  3. James

    James Guest

    It turned out to be that I needed an audio driver update. That cured the
    problem.

    James

    James, Oct 17, 2008
  4. James

    S.Lewis Guest

    Thanks. Certainly beats a motherboard replacement.

    S.Lewis, Oct 17, 2008
  5. James

    MarioL

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Help needed! Thanks!

    I have exactly the same problem with my Dell Vostro 1000 (Windows Vista). From where did you find that update, which fixed the problem? I allready have tried downloading audio driver on Dell webpage, but it didnt help me. The audio still has popping and
    crackling sounds. This is true both from the speakers and from headphones. Dont know what to do!? Thanks.

    Mario.

    MarioL, Nov 23, 2008