    like graphical oscilloscopes, meters, and filter building blocks? The
    ability to provide a web front-end (perhaps through SVG or Java) would be a
    bonus. I'm not wed to any particular language.

    Kenneth Porter, Mar 31, 2006

  2. You might want to look at PEG from Swell Software.
    They supply C source.

    --Gene

    Gene S. Berkowitz, Apr 1, 2006

  3. Kenneth Porter

    Felipe Guest

    Hello,

    I utilized Lazarus to create a graphical oscilloscope GUI with great
    success. The hardware of the oscilloscope was a ISA card I created
    myself. All source of the project and full documentation are available
    for download at the projects website:

    http://eletronicalivre.incubadora.fapesp.br/portal/english/oscilloscope/

    There is also a screenshot of the oscilloscope running on Windowx XP

    http://eletronicalivre.incubadora.fapesp.br/portal/english/oscilloscope/screenshotwinxp/view

    And another of it running on Linux:

    http://eletronicalivre.incubadora.fapesp.br/portal/english/oscilloscope/screenshotgtk1/view

    About Lazarus itself, it´s a general purpose multiplatform RAD IDE, so
    you will need to write code to interface with the device your self.
    Here is it´s website:

    www.lazarus.freepascal.org

    There is a basic tutorial about hardware access on Lazarus wiki here:

    http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/Hardware_Access

    And more detailled information on the documentation of the
    oscilloscope.

    Felipe

    Felipe, Apr 2, 2006
  4. Kenneth Porter

    Chris Hills Guest

    Try Segger's emWin

    www.segger.com

    It seems to fit the bill.

    It has a simulator so you can try things out on the PC simulating the
    screen (BW, grey or colour) that you are using on the target.

    Chris Hills, Apr 2, 2006
  5. Kenneth Porter

    Tom Lucas Guest

    I am currently using this GUI and have found it to be easy to use, well
    documented and stable. Although if anyone knows why the EFSL file system
    clobbers one of my bitmaps (but not the others) then I'm all ears ;-)

    Tom Lucas, Apr 3, 2006
  6. FLTK using Microwindows is an option, depending on your device.

    Matthias Melcher, Apr 3, 2006