Possible to determine the current Finder user from the shell?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by dave, Nov 11, 2005.

  1. dave

    dave Guest

    Now I know that with Slow User Switching,
    there could be multiple Desktops
    but I need to be able to specify
    via the command line exactly where
    I've just dumped my files.

    So, if I dump a folder called "CoolStuff"
    on my Desktop and then go to Terminal,
    I can certainly find those files in

    /Users/dave/Desktop/CoolStuff

    However, what if I go to another user's Mac?
    How can I know who the user is of the current Desktop?

    Thanks for any wisdom.

    Dave

    dave, Nov 11, 2005

  2. dave

    TaliesinSoft Guest

    I have a sneaky feeling that I'm missing something here, but if one wants to
    know the name of the current user when fast user switching is disabled, can't
    one just drop the Apple menu and see who the current user is?

    TaliesinSoft, Nov 11, 2005